Pretreatment directives for dermal procedure:
Here are some pre treatment advice & directives for micro pigmentation procedures: You may not have semi permanent makeup & microblading if you are pregnant, nursing , diabetic or have any blood disorders.
1. Since delicate or sensitive area may swell or redden slightly it is advised not to make any social plans for the same day as your procedure. Lip micro pigmentation may appear ‘crusty’ for up to one week.
2. If you are having your eyebrows or lips treated, please bring your favorite pencils.
3. If you normally remove unwanted hair at the area to be treated please do so at least 24 hours before your scheduled procedure. Electrolysis or laser hair removal should be scheduled at least 15 days before procedure. Do not resume any method of hair removal for a week after your procedure.
4. If you dye your lashes or eyebrows, please do it at least 5 days before procedure & wait one week before resuming.
5. Please take an antihistamine before eyeliner procedures as it will help with swelling & tearing during procedure. If you normally wear contact lenses please wear your glasses & do not wear your lenses again for 24 hours.
6. If you are having a lip procedure done & you have previously experienced cold sores, fever blisters or mouth ulcers, the procedure could reactivate them. As a precaution you may want to obtain a prescription for antiviral medication from your Dr. or dentist before the procedure.
7. For those with hyper sensitive skin, we recommend an allergy test if planning to use red or flesh toned pigments one week before your scheduled procedure. However this test does not guarantee that an allergic reaction will not occur at a later time.
8. Do not use aspirin, ibuprofen or antibiotics for 7 days prior to your procedure.
9. Please also avoid these prior to & during your procedure:
Retin A ,Renova & retinoids,
Accutane ( Must have stopped one month before procedure)
Sunburn. Lash growth serum must be stopped at least 2 weeks before an eyeliner procedure.
Fillers or injectables, deep chemical or mechanical peels & laser treatments must be scheduled 2 weeks before & after procedure.
Consuming alcohol for 2-3 days prior to the procedure or any blood thinning agents.